Hey look! The wonderful Hannah Krynicki tagged me in her post for the Liebster Award. She’s an awesome person and writer with brilliant ideas and thoughts, so please, check out her blog and give her a follow. Thanks Hannah!
So, tags have rules. I need to answer 11 questions, list 11 random facts, tag 11 people and give them 11 questions to answer. You’d think the person who created this tag really liked the number 11. Now, on to those questions from Hannah.
what’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I like posting stuf that I like writing about (book/movie reviews, writing tips, music, fandoms, theories, etc.) and I love hearing opinions from other people who read them. I also like connecting and bouncing ideas off of fellow bloggers and writers. Blogging has been a very rewarding and inspiring journey in the two years I’ve been doing it.
what’s your personality type? (or, if you don’t know, your Hogwarts House)
How about both?
I’m pretty sure I’m an INFP. At least, in my research, it’s the type that fits me the most. Fun fact: I just recently took FIVE different MBTI personality tests, all on different sites, all asking similar questions. I ended up with 5 different personality types: ISTJ, ISFJ, INFP, INTP, and ISTP. I was flabbergasted. At least the introvert part is clear.
I do know for sure that I’m a Hufflepuff. And a proud one at that.
who are three of your real-life heroes? (they can be living or dead, but they have to be real.)
It’s so much easier to think of fictional characters rather than real life people. My real-life heros are terribly mundane, but they have real superhero elements in them.
- My mom. I know I’m pretty biased when I say this, but she’s the best mom around. She’s an amazing role model and has taught me so much. If there’s anyone I know who I’d see as a hero, it would be her.
- Hannah Heath. Yeah, the Hannah Heath, author of Skies of Dripping Gold, blogger, writer, most of you know her. She’s been an exceptional example of a strong heart with perseverence in dealing with pain that comes from Lyme disease. And she’s an all around sweet, genuine, inspiring, and motivational person.
- I’ll have to say Tyler Joseph. He’s a very inspring person, a great example of not giving up and seeing meaning and beauty through pain. He’s not afraid of being real and expressing the true hardships of life in his songs that we often like to sugarcoat. He also doesn’t let the world sway his faith; in fact, his faith is very clear in most of the songs he writes.
(No, did you really think you could get away with reading another post that didn’t even mention Twenty One Pilots?)
axe or sword, or some other weapon?
Oo, now we’re getting down to some writer favorites. I like swords, all different kinds. My favorite is the flambard (Norse for flame sword). I know I’ve mentioned it on my blog before. One of my characters wields it. Yes, she has fire powers.
I also really like Shiruken. They’re tiny, circular Japanese throwing knives. It would be amazing to learn how to use them, just for fun and for writing reference.
describe yourself with a gif
if you could play any fictional character in a movie adaptation of your favorite book, whom would you be?
Ooh, nice question. Either Clarisse McClellan from Fahrenheit 451, Liesel from The Book Thief, or Turtle from The Westing Game.
hot tea or sweet tea?
Hot tea. Sweetened with honey and a splash of 1/2 & 1/2 (just so I can see the pretty cream clouds, I don’t care what the cream tastes like).
what is your favorite song/band?
My favorite song currently is “Trees” by Twenty One Pilots. If you want to know why it’s my favorite song, click here. If you’d like to know why Twenty One Pilots is my favorite band, click here. You’re welcome.
what’s a skill you’d really like to learn if you had the time?
There are way too many skills I wish I could have! If I could only pick one, it would be playing violin. Like an advanced violin player. That would be amazing (and it’s a portable instrument, whereas the piano … well.)
what’s your favorite nonfiction book?
World War II: The Rest Of The Story And How It Affects You Today by Richard J. Maybury. I love history, espectially controversy and the world wars, so this book was definitely my cup of tea. In fact, I wrote a post series about it.
in one sentence, how would you explain the meaning of life?
Why not just one word? 42.
Oh, how would I explain it from my own perspective? Now that’s harder. The meaning of life is to glorify God and do His will and show others His love. Being a Christian with a certain worldview, this was a question easy to answer, but if you’re not religious … well, let’s just say I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Eleven Random Facts
- I’m taking a Public Speaking class this fall semester. I thought it would be good for me.
- Literally two seconds ago, I just realized that the outside cafe I’m sitting in is in what used to be a garage. The garage door is directly above my head.
- I went to Long Beach Comic Con last weekend and now I want to join the 501st Legion.
- I’ve never published anything, unless posting on Wattpad counts. This year, however, I hope to indie publish my novel Fiction’s Lie on Amazon.
- My siblings, friends, and I are finishing up a music video of “Stressed Out” by Yøu Knøw Whø.
- My favorite superhero is Spiderman/Peter Parker.
- One of my classmates is an elderly African American man who once played basketball with Lebron James before he got famous.
- My style ranges from black torn jeans to La La Land style dresses. As do my music tastes.
- The next color I plan on dying my hair is a gray-ish icy blue. I can’t wait.
- One of these days I will be a professional aesthetic fandom photographer.
- I believe in the possible existance of intelligent aliens and life supporting planets in our universe.
Whew! That was a lot of fun. Now I hereby tag…
Deborah Kelty @ Deborah Kelty
Luke Hartman @ Luke Hartman
Daley Downing @ The Invisible Moth
K. L. + Pierce @ K. L. + Pierce Books
Jeneca @ Jeneca Writes
Marrok McIntyre @ Marrok McIntyre
… and here are the questions you shall answer (I’m stealing some of Hannah’s questions because I really liked them and I’m curious):
- What is your favorite film score/movie soundtrack?
- What is your favorite band?
- If you could play any fictional character in a movie adaptation of your favorite book, whom would you be?
- Explain what your WIP is about in at least three sentences.
- What is your three top favorite superheros?
- What would you name a boat if you had one?
- Which fictional character would you think would be the most boring to meet in real life?
- If you decided to change your name, what would that name be, and why?
- What is your favorite genre to write?
- What are three things you share in common with your MC?
- What is your favorite movie/book quote right now?
And that’s it! Thanks for reading and I’ll see you next week. Cheers!