Welcome fellow geeks and writers, nerds and storytellers, Muggles and Wizards, musicians, critics, and lovers of epicness, to Tea with Tumnus. Thanks for stopping by to visit this little corner of the Internet! Grab a cup of tea, take an armchair, and let the discussions begin.
This blog is all about stories. Your story. My story. I’m a writer and so stories hold a very special place in my heart. Stories are what define us. Stories create history, memories, and lessons learned. I also am in a strong believer in the magic of storytelling in music; you remember how Tumnus the Faun told Lucy a story with his pipe. Ah, that little cave full of wondrous tomes and cozy armchairs and a flaming fire and cups of tea. It’s a perfect place for the discussion of stories old and young. Here on the blog I give some tips and inspiration for writers and I also write up reviews on the story quality in books and movies as well as the power of story in music and film scores and how they help you write. You may stumble upon a post or two about World War II or Lyme Disease, but World War II is a sad story of the history of our world and I wrote a story about my friend with Lyme Disease. I try to make every post related to stories.
Who is this blogger person anyways? Welp, I’m a …
- Piano player. A passionate one.
- Irish dancer.
- Nerd. Or geek. Or a fangirl. Whatever you want to call it. (Just not a math type of geek.)
- Book dragon. Think Smaug hoarding books rather than gold, with the Bible in place of the Archenstone *rushes away to jot down story idea*
- Photographer. I love how I can make stories with pictures I take.
- Reader. Average 70 books a year. I aim to grow that number.
- Scaredy cat who’s afraid of heights, mental illness, and needles. Suffers claustrophobia and emetophobia.
- Firm and honest believer in that I seriously think that I would literally go insane if there was no such thing as music.
- Passionate sci-fi and fantasy lover.
- Writer. I’m working madly on a high fantasy WIP called Netherworld. I want to traditionally publish it someday.
- Star Wars freak whose dream job is to work for the 501st Legion. Bringing hope and encouragement through donations while dressing like a trooper? Count me in.
- Christian. I believe in the grace and redemption that Jesus has given me.
- Confused person. Sometimes I feel like I don’t know myself at all.
- Teenager/adult. I think I’m techinically both?
A nice picture of me. A more accurate version of me.
You can also find me at Constant Collectible, the ultimate geek site, where I contribute with some book and comic reviews, as well as the monthly post series, Susannah’s Film Facts. Head on over there and check it out! On Tea with Tumnus, you will also find some posts called Michael’s Movie Mentions. Michael Jr., my brother, is a filmmaking nerd and his goal is to become a film director. He’s contributed several times on film scores, the director’s job, etc and has helped me out a lot during those Tuesdays when I can’t manage to crank out a post.
You can also follow me on Twitter, Google +, Instagram, or Pinterest, and don’t forget to follow Tea with Tumnus so you can see each new post come into your inbox or WordPress feed. Feel free to comment and say hi as well! I’d love to hear about new blogs out there. May the Force and your wand be with you.
Warning: brief inserts of sarcasm, fangirling, and movie references throughout blog content